James MacGregor is on the following International and Corporate Advisory Boards:
- Tortuguero Jungle Lodge Management Group, Costa Rica
- World Tourism and Travel Human Resource Development Council
- International Ecotourism Management Society - Hawaii
- Conservation Lodge Foundation
- Lunehivers Inc. - Destination Management Agency, Quebec
James Mac Gregor has held teaching/lecturing positions at the following institutions:
- 1991-95, Banff Centre for Management, Faculty, Ecotourism Workshop Coordinator; Banff, Alberta.
- 1991-95, Native Education Centre, Cultural Tourism Planning Program, Vancouver, BC.
- 1991-94, British Columbia Institute of Technology, Tourism Management Program, Burnaby, BC.
- 1991, Whistler Centre for Business and the Arts, Faculty and Program Advisor (Tourism and Environment), Whistler, BC.
- 1991, Portland State University, Guest Lecturer in Tourism Planning and Marketing, Portland, Oregon.
- 1988-89, University of Calgary, Faculty of Environmental Design, Lecturer in Tourism Development and Planning.
- 1986-89, Simon Fraser University, Tourism Management Program, Lecturer in Tourism Planning and Marketing, Vancouver, BC.
- 1981-82, Lecturer and Tutor in Regional Planning, School of Landscape Studies, MacDonald College of McGill University, Montreal, Quebec.
- 1975-77, University of Moncton, Leisure Studies and Community Development
- 1971-73, University of Montreal, School of Architecture Invited Professor, Landscape Architecture