Financing Ecotourism and Package Tour Development
- FINANCING ECOTOURISM PROJECTS WORKSHOP - FORTELAZA, BRAZIL (1993)
- Inter American Hotels and Resorts Association
ecoplan:net ltd. delivered a 2-day seminar on the financing of ecotourism projects for more than 50 international tourism industry investors. The workshop focus was on various financing mechanisms that are available from governments, investors and lending institutions for ecotourism development.
- RURAL TOURISM PACKAGE DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS, STATE OF OREGON (1994)
- State of Oregon, Office of Economic Development
- Tourism Development Associates, Portland
James and Sharr Prohaska directed a series of 1-day seminars on package tour development in 6 rural regions throughout Oregon. Overall, more than 300 people attended these workshops. All participants were provided with a Packaging Manual prepared by ecoplan:net/TDA (Portland).
- PHILIPPINE NATIONAL TOURISM CONFERENCE (1992)
- Conservation International (Washington and Manila)
- Philippines Department of Tourism
The 1992 National Philippine Tourism Congress focused on the ecoplan:net ltd. Ecotourism Strategic Planning Workshop which was facilitated by James and Leslie Jarvie. More than 175 people attended the program. A parallel workshop on 'Green Management for the Travel Industry' was facilitated by Robert Boyle.
- PREPARATION OF A TOURISM MARKETING STRATEGY NEW WORLD HOTEL, VANCOUVER, BC, 1991
- Industry Trade and Commerce Canada
James was hired by Industry, Trade and Commerce Canada to design and prepare a 3-day Tourism Marketing Workshop for industry marketing directors in British Columbia. The session was attended by marketing leaders from most of Vancouver/Victoria major hotels as well as resort operators from across the province. Participants left with a marketing manual and a 3-year corporate Marketing Plan.